Leigh S. from Portugal
I started with a RPi3 / PiDAC+ / Moode Audio connected to the Stereo in the living room.
The sound was amazing, so I decided to investigate a multiroom system.
After much help from Gordon at IQaudIO and Tim at Moode I arrived at a Logitech Media Server based solution.
I know that Airplay would have also been a possibility, but I prefer Android devices
- LMS server installed on my laptop (either Ubuntu-Gnome or Windows 10, as I have a dual boot setup), with my music on the internal hard disk.
- Alternative LMS server on another RPi3 with my music on an external disk.
- RPi3 / PiDAC+ / Moode Audio connected to the Stereo in the living room.
- PiZeroW / PiZeroDAC / Moode Audio connected to BOSE Soundlink Mini in the bedroom.
- PiZeroW / PiZeroDAC / Moode Audio connected to BOSE Soundlink Mini in the kitchen.
- PiZeroW / PiZeroDAC / Moode Audio housed in a (prototype) Ä3 IP65 connection box connected to a cheap speaker for now in the bathroom.
- NEXUS 7 2012 / Orange Squeeze remote control in the living room
- Samsung Galaxy S2 / Orange Squeeze remote control in the bedroom
- Also controllable via any PC browser and Orange squeeze installed on our 'phones
- Squeeze Player will also allow any Android device to become another player, but I have found these are very slightly out of synch
It is just simply amazing!
- Excellent sound
- Multiroom in perfect synchronisation (even when two sets of speakers audible between rooms)
- Ability to unsynchronise to have different music in each room
- Can also use the Moode Audio setup on each Pi without LMS if wished
- Very, very cost effective
Very simple to set up:
1. Download Moode Audio and install to RPi's (I used disks > restore disk impage on Ubuntu-Gnome)
2. Download Install LMS on PC (multiplatform - for Linux instructions online, be careful of server name change to logitechmediaserver etc). Select music location and scan to library
3. Install Orange Squeeze on Android devices (iPeng 9 - Squeezebox Remote Control seems to be the iOS equivalent)
4. Control everything with any browser or any android device with Orange Squeeze (ioS + iPeng)
Thanks Tim & Gordon!